While installing SRM at a client, I ran into an issue where I could not connected to the PCS. The setup returned an error stating the time between the vCenter, Site Recovery Server and PCS was not in sync.
Since the vCenter and PCS were on an Appliance, I had to do some quick research to see how to verify and correct the time. In this case, the forums had the answer.
Enable SSH in the vCenter 6 appliance console Enable BASH in the vCenter 6 appliance console Putty in the vCenter 6 appliance Enter root/PW
Enter the following commands:
ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/ * This will display the list of available time zones, in my case I needed Eastern, replace with your time zone cd /etc rm localtime ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Eastern localtime date
* Verify that you are now displaying the correct date and time. ** Optionally you can set the appliance to use an NTP server by using the following command:
sntp -P no -r time.windows.com
In our case, we used the local domain controller for the time source rather then the time.windows.com but it was just a one time set to sync those times up completely. Once completed, the SRM installer continued without issue.