I was recently P2Ving a fresh installation of a desktop computer running XP Professional when I encountered this VMware converter error :
Here's How to disable Simple File Sharing in XP.
- Open My Computer from the Start Menu or Windows XP Desktop. A new My Computer window will appear.
- Open the Tools menu and choose the "Folder Options..." option from this menu. A new Folder Options window will appear.
- Click on the View tab and locate the "Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended)" checkbox in the list of Advanced Settings.
- To disable Simple File Sharing, ensure this checkbox is not checked. Click inside the checkbox to alternately enable and disable the option.
- Click OK to close the Folder Options window. The settings for Simple File Sharing are now updated; no computer reboot is required.